Journal instructions are available here.
There will be four journal prompts provided before the Wednesday April 5th deadline. Journals are due at the start of class.
Remember, journals are posted on the blog for student work — Caution: Economics Students at Work
Topic: Scarbourough Subway Expansion
Primary Question: Should the City of Toronto approve the Scarborough subway expansion?
Consider the following questions:
- Is the decision efficient/equitable/fair?
- What are the costs vs benefits?
- What are the opportunity costs of the decision?
- How is/should the expansion be funded?
- If you say no to the question, what should the TTC do in Scarborough?
- What should the priorities of the TTC be?
You don’t need to directly address each question but the content of your journal should cover the basic points of an answer to each question.
Links to get you started:
- Scarborough subway will cost more but attract fewer people, reports find
- Mayor John Tory’s executive committee approves plan for $3.35 billion one-stop Scarborough subway
- Scarborough subway debate sets off intense lobbying efforts from mayor, private interests
Newspaper columns and editorials
- Scarborough subway vote is a victory for action over talk
- More evidence Scarborough subway extension makes no sense: Editorial
Do not comment on this post unless it is a question about the journal. You need to create your own entry for the journal.
Log in to wordpress.
Go to My Blogs… New Post
The title of your post is up to you. Be sure to include the correct categories and tags to your post. Feel free to use links, videos and any other content that will help you make your arguments.
Category: Journal 2
Tags: your name